Welcome to the Lewis family blog!






Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

25 days of Thankfulness...Day 10

The warm cozy spot in my bed - There's this one spot in my bed, up under my warm covers that I love laying on and going right to sleep. Maybe it's not real, but I swear it's there! So I'm thankful for it because it puts me right to sleep everynight!



But it does make me think of those this holiday season that are without. That's been on my heart a lot recently. Especially while doing this thankful blog. I have SO much to be thankful for and there are so many out there that don't even have a bed of their own.

So, this holiday season I hope to give time, money and goods to charity to help those that don't have what I am so blessed with. I'll blog about that when the time comes. And I'll make sure Legree helps or comes along. I pray as he grows and see us doing this together as a family he will love doing it, know that God directed us to do it and be cheerful and thoughtful about it.

When I think of doing this over the next 6 weeks or so, I can't help but think of God's direction to us to give unto others! To take care of each other, teach each other, cloth each other and so on. I am reminded of these wonderful verses from Matthew 25:34-40

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ 37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’


So, as I continue to be thankful for my blessing and get a fire under me to help others I am so thankful and happy to know that if I'm helping someone that's hungry or visiting someone that is lonely it's just like giving and visiting the Lord himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment