Welcome to the Lewis family blog!






Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 11, 2010

25 days of thankfulness... day 11

Our veterans - Today is November 11 which means it's Veterans today. So, I want to say I am so thankful for all those who have served and are serving our country currently. I couldn't be more thankful for their commitment and dedication to our freedoms. I can't imagine all the sacrifices they have to make to protect us. They leave their lives, their families and their homes to defend us here at home or in far away and dangerous lands.

Every year as a child my school would go to the Veterans day parade in down town Columbia. It is always on November 11 at 11:00 am. I just remember all the 11's as a kid and was fascinated by that. I remeber all the veterans walking and thinking about what they did for us. I didn't get it then as much as I do now... but their service is just amazing!

So, thank you service men and women!! We have free country because of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment