Welcome to the Lewis family blog!






Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

25 days of thankfulness...

Well, it's November and that means Thanksgiving is upon us. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Mainly because it's not as done up and over done as Chrsitmas is anymore. I hate that Christmas has become all about the presents and not about the true reason we should be celebrating, our Lord and Savior being given to us. The greatest gift of all! But I do love Thanksgiving, while the hype seems to be seaping into Thanksgiving and Halloween, it still seems to be a little bit more low key. I love that we get to get together with family and friends, share food and enjoy each other's company. The people I love the most and am the most thankful for, all gathered together. That's what it's all about! Oh and the food too!!

Anyways, since Thanksgiving is coming I thought I'd post one thing a day that I'm thankful for. Since I missed yesterday, I'll do two today.

1) The Lord's Forgiveness - I list this first because I know my life wouldn't be what it is today without forgiveness. Forgivness firstly from our Lord. He OBVIOUSLY has forgiven me for my way ward days because he has SO richly blessed me with my life now. He has given me everything I ever wanted in life! And I was such a terrible sinner and he just forgave it all! Praise the Lord!! My Lord knows me inside and out and he knows how awful I feel about my past indescretions... but I still can't believe he'd forgive me and then bless me with a wonderful life on top of that! I know that I still sin every day now and praise the Lord for his continual forgiveness of my sins. He is a good and gracious Lord and I couldn't be more thankful for his forgiveness!!

"If we confess our sins he is faithful and righteous to forgive us the sins, and to cleanse us from our unrighteousness" I John 1:9

2) Forgiveness from others- I thought since I was doing two days together I should put these two together. They go hand in hand. The Lord has, thankfully, blessed me with wonderful and forgiving people in my life. When I was living a sinful lifestyle they chose to forgive me, love me and help me move on. Mainly my parents but also friends too. I certainly wouldn't be here or know true love and forgiveness if I hadn't seen it displayed so well through other people in my life. God says.... "bearing with one another and forgiving each other, if any man has a complaint against any; even as Christ forgave you, so you also do" Colossians 3:13
I am so thankful for my family and friends that live by this verse! They have shown me how to be a good friend, a good parent and a good forgiver!!

We daily sin against our Lord and each other and we shoud each adopt the practice of forgiving each other "seventy times seven". And also remember that our Lord says "For if you forgive men their trespasses your Heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you don't forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses" Matthew 6:14-15. So, we should daily take a look at our lives ask for forgiveness, forgive ourselves, forgive each other and lift each other up in the Lord, the ultimate Forgiver!

No comments:

Post a Comment