Welcome to the Lewis family blog!






Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 7, 2011

My baby.. in school??


Well, I signed Legree up for preschool this morning. I just can't believe he's old enough for preschool!! It really seems like yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital. I know every parent says stuff like that, but you don't understand it till you're going through it.

He'll be in the two year old preschool program at a local church. Our church, unfortunately, doesn't have a preschool program yet. There is talks of it and I'm on the board at our church trying to push it through! But in the mean time, I'm sure Legree will be happy where we've got him.
Legree has been with me, Ben or our parents from day one. No one else has watched him. So, it should be interesting to see how this goes. He is great playing with other kids and is VERY friendly to everyone. BUT (and this is a big but) he goes nuts if we leave him. It's like we are his security blanket and he doesn't want us gone. He does great when we leave him with his grandparents, but that's because he's so used to them. So, I know it's going to be a tough adjustment for him, but a healthy one!! He's got to learn some day!

Thankfully, he doesn't start until September. That'll give this mama some time to get used to the idea of him being gone from me for a whole 4 hours during the day (and only two days a week)! LOL.. sounds ridiculous, but it's going to be hard for me to let my "baby" go!!
How'd we go from this little one day old baby to a big boy going to school??






No comments:

Post a Comment