So, I invented a recipe awhile back ago and thought I would share it on here. I call it "Peas and Frisbees in a Sea" OR "Trees and Frisbees in a sea" depending on what veggie you decide to use. Read the recipe to see what I mean!
1 box of family size Velvetta Shells and Cheese (or two boxes of the regular size boxes)
2 cups of peas or brocolli (whichever you prefer or have on hand)
1 package of Turkey Sausage
1/4 cup of cheese
1. Cook the Shells and cheese according the package directions
2. Cook the peas or brocolli according the the package directions
3. Slice the turkey sausage into disks and brown in a frying pan
4. Once shells and cheese are made, mix the brocolli or peas in with the shells
5. Place in baking pan and then place the disks of turkey sausage in with the shells.
6. Top with cheese
7. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until cheese on tops is melted
This is a super simple supper. The baking at the end isn't REALLY necessary, just makes it crisp up and adds an extra yummyness. But if you don't feel like cranking the oven on, you can just mix everything together. You get your dairy, carbs, protein and veggies in one pot! I love it! The turkey sausage is very lean and has a great flavor, so it can stand up the richness of the mac and cheese. The peas are good and sweet. If you choose brocolli it's yummy too! Most of these ingredients I have on hand all the time, so if I need a quick, easy nutritious supper this is what I go for. Ben and Legree LOVE it!