Welcome to the Lewis family blog!






Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Things that make 22 month old Legree smile...

While going through some stuff at the house I found a picture of me around 18months old that was taken at Olin Mills. You southerners know what I'm talking about. The ONLY portrait studio back in the day where all cheesy family pictures were taken.

Anyways, I'm smiling in it and to my suprise Legree looks like me! Well, a little. He's still Ben's boy for sure, but I can see it in the smie. Since Legree was born everyone (including myself) thought Legree looks just like Ben. Now, I see some of me in him! Not that it really matters, I kind of liked that our little boy looks like Ben. I'm rambling now... so here's the picture, and one of Ben too.




And now one of Legree for comparison...




Seeing the picture of myself as a little lady made me think about the extent we go through to get Legree to smile in pictures sometimes. And then it made me wonder what silly things my parents did to get me smiling. So, I thought I'd list some things that we do to get Legree to smile for the camera...

1. "MUUUUSSSSHHH" said in a really deep silly voice. It really only works when Ben does it but he ALWAYS looks up and smiles. It started when Ben was reading Goodnight Moon to Legree one night and started saying Goodnight mush funny like and it's kind of stuck.

2. Pretend Sneezing. This used to always work, but is starting to run it's coarse.

3. Dancing and waving your arms like a crazy person. Works the best when Ben does it, Legree pays NO attention to me when the camera is out. I think he's just over me taking pictures.

4. Singing a silly song that you make up. If he knows he wants to sing along or doesn't pay attention

5. Making silly noises, but watch out because he'll start to mimick you!

Okay, that's it for this Wednesday's post... till next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment